Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Party Time ~

Do you ever just look back at some photos of the kids and first wonder where the time went and then chuckle because they've grown so much?  Well this layout that I'm going to share with you is of a photo that made me do just that!!!  It's a picture of my son's class when they were in middle school at a party for one of the girls in class.  They are being goofy and just having a great time!!!


I made this for two challenges over at Scrapbook.com and had a great time doing it.  The first challenge was to scraplift the person before you in a list.  I scraplifted off of Chaton_13 from a beautiful layout that had a stamped brick wall on it.  The other part of this layout was inspired by a challenge to use Gesso or paint on your layout.  I've never used Gesso before so I thought this was the perfect time to do so.  So I created my wall with paper and paint instead of stamping it.  The results were fantastic and I think the paint added a great dimension to my layout... have you tried painting on your paper?  Or over a photo before?  If you haven't... well now's the time.  You will be glad that you did!

TFL~

No comments:

Post a Comment