Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fun Fabric Coil Coasters ~

I'm not sure you've heard of this.. but you have HAD to have heard of this.. I've recently gotten ADDICTED to Pinterest.  Oh if you haven't heard of it you MUST go look.  It's a pin up board of all the things that you love and you can make folders to save the sites that tell you how to make something, or how to cook something, or just photographs of the places you love or places you want to visit etc.  www.pinterest.com

Well anyway... I was looking around the other day and found a blog that showed you how to make these fabulous coasters.  I thought they'd make some nice Christmas gifts so I went and purchased some rope clothes line and grabbed some of the material that I had in my stash and started rippin'!  I wrapped the material around the clothes line, hot glued it all together and walah!  Coasters.  I am going to hand sew them together just for added strength so they last longer.  I also found online where you could sew them together on the machine while crafting them, but I'm just not that great on a sewing machine so I opted for the good ol' glue gun!!!  Here is the site with the tutorial: http://twoshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2011/05/fabric-coil-coasters-i-green.html   Check out her site, she's got some fun projects!!!

Here are some of my finished coasters ~

1 comment: