Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm Starting To Get In The Spirit ~ How About You?

My family is doing a traditional Christmas this year and we are to give each person something with meaning to them.  We cannot spend more than $5.00 per person.  So this really does take some though and I am REALLY enjoying myself.  It's really gotten me in the Christmas spirit.  One of the projects that I made is for my niece.  I found this on Pinterest and just absolutely LOVED the idea.  There was no link to it once I opened it, so I'm sorry I can't share.  But here is a photo of what I created.

 This was so simple to make and I got the frame at the dollar store.  I have less than $2.00 in this gift.  But it will mean more to her than anything I could have purchased.


My next gift is for my sister-in-law of two small boys.  I really don't know her to well but know that she is a fan of homemade gifts.  She gave my mom some gifts last year created by the boys on plates and they were adorable. My gift to her is a memory jar (Idea also found on Pinterest ~http://inchmark.squarespace.com/inchmark/2008/9/9/magical-thinking.html ) I used a mason jar that I had one hand that I'd used for my wedding.  I covered the lid with paper and hand stamped all the tags.  I wrapped the jar in ribbon to decorate it up leaving the jar open to see through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment