Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blog Challenge

I haven't gotten the ok to participate in the blog challenge at SB.com yet.. but I couldn't resist grabbing this photo and blogging about it.


Many years ago I visited a friend in TN and sat on a rock overlooking the Smokey Mtns.  I found such peace there.  I, of course, didn't get a photo from this angle, but do have some that are very dear to my heart of that visit.  I had never planned to even scrap about this place (That's how closely I hold it dear to my heart) and one day... I really felt the need to put it onto paper. 

I even find myself choking on my own words trying to describe why the above photo hit me as it did.  I really did gasp when I saw it.  The layout that I created was on a different rock that I used to think through some very difficult things going on in my life at that time.  I made a life altering decision sitting there in that moment.  I didn't even know this photo was being taken until I developed the roll of film after I got back home. 

Later, I received a package as I was dealing with the fall out of the decision I had made on that rock that day.... and inside the package was a small piece of each of the rocks I'd spent time on.  I would find myself carrying those chunks of rock around when things really got tough.  I haven't had the need to do that for some time now, but I do display those rocks in my bookcase... as a reminder of how quickly life can change with one decision.  It also reminds me of where I was.. and where I've come to... and as much peace as I found on that rock... I am living a life of peace in my mind, heart and soul!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Danelle, its so heartwarming... your words and that LO. I love it. And btw this picture is amazing. Wow thats inspired me!!! Thanks for looking on my webside. I look forward to hear and see more of your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have now found peace in your life. Thanks for sharing your story and beautiful LO with us.

    ReplyDelete