Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scrapbooking Challenges

I haven't been doing a lot of challenges due to my sons baseball...and now that is over.. so before I get involved in getting my daughter moved back to college and then moving my scraproom to her bedroom, I thought I'd get busy on a few layouts for my sons graduation book.  Seems I always have a project going of some sort.. and I've really been enjoying the  challenges I've entered into to keep me motivated to get this project off to a great start.  Tonight was no exception to this.  I made a layout to enter into two challenges: Aug. Scraplift the Person Before You and Aug. ABC Challenge.

I used some techniques on this LO that I've used before, but also tried an old technique in a new way.  First off with this photo, I wanted to match as much of the screenprinting on his shirt as I could.  I had the perfect dry embossing folders to do just that!  But my paper was to big to go through my machine.  So... I used the folder, the plastic folder and a good ol' fashioned pastry roller from Pampered chef.  It worked great.  I then distressed the edges and  inked them and embossed to add some texture. 





I then cut a piece of scrapbook paper that looked like notebook paper to place under my sons school photo.  I used my binding edge paper punch to give it the look that it had been ripped out of his notebook.  I then glimmer misted in two colors ~ green and blue to match the screenprint in his t-shirt.


I assembled it all.. then went by what my challenges required. 

M= Metal (in all the corners)
N= Notebook paper (under the main photo)
O= Oval (Under the circle face shot photo)
P= Plum (base paper color)

I scraplifted the LO from CrazyScrapbooker and her LO was named K 2010-2011. 


The little personalized tags were printed right from the computer onto plain copy paper and inked on the edges.  When assembling this LO, I took a screenprinted type clear stamp and inked it in white and black and placed them around the main photo and in the corners for some added texture.  The paperclips were some I had around and in the right colors and I thought they were a perfect addition for a school theme. 

Thanks for stopping by for a look! 

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at the first pic...I use my Pampered Chef's pastry roller for card making...in fact, I just leave it with my scrap tools...I use it more often that way, lol!! BTW, your son is a very handsome young man, hope he has a great year!! :)

    ReplyDelete