Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Family ~

Hi!!  Hope you are having a fantastic Sunday.  I just love Sundays that I get to be home and doing exactly what I want to be doing.  Today I was able to finally sit down with a creative mind and make a Christmas gift for my Grandmother.  This is the second layout that I've created this way, and my pictures are taken from the first layout that I made stitching beads on my layout.  I've really enjoyed bringing two of my favorite crafts together all into one to create something beautiful. 


I've found it takes a little planning when you are adding stitching and beads to your layout.  You will want to make sure that you have your stitching and your paper layering in the correct order.  On this layout I was able to do the stitching last.  The first time I did it, I had to plan it because of the size of my papers that I was layering.  I have a paper piercer and also the Sew Easy kit.  I find I have to use both of them especially when I am trying to work around things in my layout.


 On this particular layout, when I did my stitching, I did it all first then went back and added my beads later because the beads were to small to go over the needle.  On the layout at the top of this page, the beads were bigger and I was able to put them on as I stitched.  I like the look of that much better.  This will be something you want to consider also before you do your stitching.

I made sure my layers were ready to be applied as soon as I needed them so I did my distressing and inking so I could then keep working right along as I needed the layers.



And here is my finished product.  Don't you love the look those beads add??  I sure do!!


Thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that stiching and how did you rip the papers? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete